World Of Naruto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Naruto is based on the anime and manga Naruto created by Masashi Kishimoto. World of Naruto is a game that attempts to bring Masashi Kishimoto's universe to life. Every character in the series will appear in World of Naruto as a computer-controll

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Misery

Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery Empty
PostSubject: Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery   Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:23 am

I used to play a long time ago under a different name that I've forgotten. Its been years though. After recently coming back and noticing that the MUD is a little more..abandoned than I'm used to, I thought I would hit the forums up to see if I found anyone. Not a lot of updates here. I'm starting to get worried. Either way, Hope to see you guys (or anyone) in game
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery   Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah it has been abandoned a bit more. The Rico issue pretty much killed the MUD.
Back to top Go down
Misery

PostSubject: Re: Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery   Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Tis a shame. I loved this place. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened?
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery   Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Rico was an immortal who had built I think 7 or 8 areas and had progressed up to doing some coding as well. He was our most active immortal and, overall, had done more for the MUD than anyone else. He had brought so many people to the MUD and was on it so often to encourage people to come. I think he was around for something like 2 years.

But then there was a suspicion by not just some, but all of the other immortals that Rico was cheating. He hadn't cheated while an immortal but once he had coding access, some of the things that he had written he did in a way to grant his own character supreme powers. Most notably, how he designed the tailed beast code was in such a way that it required secret knowledge and only his character could get the tails. Nobody else could, no matter how hard they tried.

I had a fairly big investigation into it and had to conclude that they were right, that he had cheated.

I had to delete the tailed beast code and all relevant mobs and also there was the prospect of taking levels and equipment (etc) off his character that had benefitted from the cheating. The conclusion was that there was no certainty when the cheating started or how much it was fair to take off. So, after much discussion, his main character, then a 4th time remort, was deleted, losing all equipment, levels, everything. At the same time, his immortal character Rico was also deleted and the passwords were changed so that he no longer had coding access.

Rico was pretty upset and almost immediately went to our rival Naruto MUD, taking all of his friends with him. I don't know what he told them but he basically did for them what he had previously been doing for us.

At the same time, I lost basically all internet access for a considerable period of time and hence I wasn't able to get people together to rise up from it, and all of the remaining immortals got idle and quit. Some of them left to our rival MUD, in spite of them previously complaining that Rico was cheating.
Back to top Go down
Misery

PostSubject: Re: Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery   Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:12 am

Ahh. I remember the other one. I tried it before I came over here. I did understand you had internet troubles and was moving and such so you weren't around. That was a very informative update though. I've figured pretty much everything that I was wondering. Thats a shame though. I'm sure with a little mudconnect campaign and me bringing some friends we can get a pbase back though. I still love it here, even if I'm alone most of the time. This MUD did a lot to help me invision myself being in the Naruto universe. Thanks for taking the time to explain for me.
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery   Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:44 am

Yeah if you think that they would enjoy it, that'd be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery   Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery Empty

Back to top Go down

Uh, Yeah. I'm Misery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Of Naruto :: World of Naruto :: Introductions-
Jump to: