World Of Naruto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Naruto is based on the anime and manga Naruto created by Masashi Kishimoto. World of Naruto is a game that attempts to bring Masashi Kishimoto's universe to life. Every character in the series will appear in World of Naruto as a computer-controll

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Custom-made Jutsu

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ramo

Custom-made Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Custom-made Jutsu   Custom-made Jutsu EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Now, I've been playing this game for awhile and I got to say Kudos for the people that made it cause it's fun to play. Now one thing that I want to do is to see which person has the best imagination in the World of Naruto. I guess a way to do this is to let players create ONE custom-made jutsu that is entirely from the player. Like the rasenshuriken by Naruto wouldn't it be really cool if we can make our own jutsu instead of trying to learn jutsu from the show?
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Custom-made Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom-made Jutsu   Custom-made Jutsu EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:06 am

Not exactly a new idea but sure, we will do that eventually. Once we have a clearer idea of how to do it, code wise, it will be easier to put it in. Right now we don't have a clue how to start with putting it in, so at the moment it is in the indefinite delay stage.

That was in the initial plans list.

And we were going to allow 5 custom jutsu.
Back to top Go down
Psyris

Custom-made Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom-made Jutsu   Custom-made Jutsu EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:43 am

i have an idea of how to do the system, sorta. I was on a mud that was the same code as this one (both modified of course) it had a final fantasy theme and let you make custom limit breaks, i could probably get the source code as the mud is pretty much dead.

you just picked a command to use the move
chose how the move charged up, whether it would use stam, cha, or hp
then there was a list off effects to chose from, or type of attack
then you could input a custom message, that it would say when you used the move. it also allowed arguments, to add the name of enemies automatically into the message.

may not be what your looking for, but then again it may be lol.
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Custom-made Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom-made Jutsu   Custom-made Jutsu EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 am

A command out of 5 possible options? Or any command you like?

If it's any command you like, then I am sorry but they weren't using ROM. Maybe it looked like ROM but it wasn't ROM - or else it was so heavily modified that its just crazy. Put simply, with the current structure, we *CAN'T* do that. And changing the structure to make it possible to do it like that is about 1,000 x more work than doing the command in the first place - suffice to say it aint gonna happen.

Way more detail needed for this to be possible.
Back to top Go down
Psyris

Custom-made Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom-made Jutsu   Custom-made Jutsu EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:14 am

it was modded rom, and im not looking for anything like that exact system just trying to help get ideas out there, and its cool if you dont want to respond to my post telling how impossible things are Smile.
Back to top Go down
ichike
Immortal

Custom-made Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom-made Jutsu   Custom-made Jutsu EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:36 am

I would love to do this but we need more detail than this. Like some detail that would help to build it.

The scroll system that we use was based on how skills are learned (through books) on a MUD called Sloth MUD III. I knew it well enough to be able to work out a system that worked in basically the same way. It wasn't easy but it was possible.

But what you have told me about this other system isn't enough to be useful, I am afraid. I'd need a lot more detail.

I do hope that eventually we can have custom jutsu in some way.

I think that it might be possible with 5 set commands, such as perhaps custom1, custom2, custom3, custom4, custom5 but for the life of me I can't see any way to be able to just set your own commands yourself, not with how the whole thing is set up.

I mean it could be done with fairly simple things, just with raw damage, chakra and stamina cost and such but anything more elaborate I don't know.

To date nobody has explained it well enough that we could actually code it.
Back to top Go down
Vasuka
Kage
Vasuka

Custom-made Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom-made Jutsu   Custom-made Jutsu EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:19 am

I dont know it this kind of thing would be possible, just an idea though

Jutsuedit
Use this command to create a custom Jutsu.
This message will be shown to everyone nearby when you do the jutsu
and will be modified to make sense to everyone that sees it.
To accomplish this, you must insert certain tags into your jutsu
message. Below is a list of the tags and thier functions.
(assume that your name is Tama and your victims name is Chok)

Tag | You See | Victim Sees | Bystanders See |
[me] : You Tama Chok
[victim] : Chok You Chok
[victims] : Chok's Your Chok's

Example: [me] pound[s] [victims] head into a bloody pulp.
You see: You pound Chok's head into a bloody pulp.
He sees: Tama pounds your head into a bloody pulp.
others see: Tama pounds Choks head into a bloody pulp.

typing jutsuedit would bring you into an edit screen similar to desc edit,or writing a note, the tags as commands. As i said its just a though and I dont know if this is detailed enough or even possible but hey thought id give it a go.
Back to top Go down
https://wonmud.rpg-board.net
ichike
Immortal

Custom-made Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom-made Jutsu   Custom-made Jutsu EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:30 am

Not bad, but I'd still like a bit more.

Like how would it work as far as commands and such. If another MUD has something that works, or something similar, then how did they do it? Or, better yet - how should we do it? I think it is best to make ours a little different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom-made Jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom-made Jutsu   Custom-made Jutsu Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom-made Jutsu
Page 1 of 1