World Of Naruto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Naruto is based on the anime and manga Naruto created by Masashi Kishimoto. World of Naruto is a game that attempts to bring Masashi Kishimoto's universe to life. Every character in the series will appear in World of Naruto as a computer-controll

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group EXP Gains

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinizaru

Shinizaru

Group EXP Gains Empty
PostSubject: Group EXP Gains   Group EXP Gains EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 am

Well, most people have been grouped before. And most people have been grouped with someone a few levels off of them. So MOST people know that grouping like that is hellish. Your exp gains for the lower levels just aren't there unless you go to someplace bizarrely high for max exp a pop. Like when I group with Kioya on Shinizaru or Krunari. But we're fighting EARTH PANDAS. something almost twice our level and wouldn't be able to do if he wasn't a remort.

so, I'm proposing a flip flop. I would like the higher levels to gain less and the lower levels to gain more, as opposed to the opposite it is now. It would make more sense, and then when the lower levels catch up, it evens out. Granted, I have no earthly idea how to code that at all.
Back to top Go down
Vasuka
Kage
Vasuka

Group EXP Gains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group EXP Gains   Group EXP Gains EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:16 am

Good idea one problem this leads to cheesy leveling eg You group with someone high level they kill it you get the most xp you level quicker , the reason it is the way it is at the moment is to stop high level players from rushing players up the levels effectivly making the game more boring and they learn less.
Back to top Go down
https://wonmud.rpg-board.net
Jaga

Jaga

Group EXP Gains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group EXP Gains   Group EXP Gains EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:35 pm

I agree that grouping is not so hot on WON. Maybe we should just expand the lvl range for grouping? Instead of within 10 lvls, maybe 20? I know I have a hard time finding players within 10 levels of myself most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Psyris

Group EXP Gains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group EXP Gains   Group EXP Gains EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:32 pm

can we give them equal xp gains so that if you group with somone they wont out level you.

or maybe take the half exp 1 member would get for killing a creature, add that to one half of the exp the other member would get, divide it by two, subtract a certain penalty depending on how much higher the highest level char in the group is. then split the remaining exp

(((1/2 exp for char 1)+(1/2 exp for char 2)/2)- level difference penalty)
for each character, and you can expand it for more people.

im not sure what amount to use for the level difference penalty, but it should be a value that would make it more beneficial to have a group of players all the same level, or at least closer to one another levels. that way you wouldnt not have to out level a grouping partner, but if the level difference is to high then grouping loses some of its benefits.

or to do it the easy way, just split the amount of exp that the highest level character would get for killing a mob between the group.

Last edited by Psyris on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vasuka
Kage
Vasuka

Group EXP Gains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group EXP Gains   Group EXP Gains EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:18 am

The level range has been expanded it is now a percentage of your level i cant remember the number thought, ^_^. I dunno about the xp thing though psy its up to ichike on that one.
Back to top Go down
https://wonmud.rpg-board.net
Shinizaru

Shinizaru

Group EXP Gains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group EXP Gains   Group EXP Gains EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:46 pm

It's 20% of your level you can group with and still receive exp.

I'm not saying make power leveling possible (Though, if you know a remort a little above your level,that can already happen....Krunari got to 60 something thanks to Kioya) But...eh. Really, I want to see something done with group exp rates. Not to make them unbalanced, but more balanced. Right now, everything's UNDER balanced. That's......bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Group EXP Gains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group EXP Gains   Group EXP Gains Empty

Back to top Go down

Group EXP Gains
Page 1 of 1